Wooden Ball Finial – Pressure Treated
£4.99 – £6.99
Decorative Ball finial for fence posts. Available in 2 sizes and fully pressure treated.
Wooden tops for fence posts in decorative designs are a great way of adding the perfect finishing touch to your fence. They come supplied with the square cap pictured, for the ball to sit on. In addition, we will supply a double ended screw for securing the finial down. The square caps will overlap the fence post slightly. Eg. for a 75mm post the cap is approx 95mm wide and for 100mm the cap is around 120mm. This finial has been shaped into the ball and collar style. This design continues to be one of the most popular styles among our customers.
How to fit Wooden tops for fence posts
When fitting these finials to your fence post please follow the steps below:
- Pre-drill a pilot hole in the middle of the post cap. This will help prevent the wood splitting.
- Pre drill at least 2 holes for screws to fix the cap down with.
- Screw the post cap down onto the post, using a minimum of 2 screws (not supplied).
- Drill a pilot hole in the underside of the finial and wind the double ended screw half way in.
- Screw the finial down onto the post cap using the pilot hole in the middle of the cap.
Make sure the finial is tightly attached and the square post cap doesn’t move.
We also stock brown wooden post tops in the ball and collar design, as well as acorn shaped finials.
for 75mm post, for 100mm post